A community of empowered nonprofit professionals advancing Cleveland
Shape Cleveland by cultivating and advocating for a community of connected, engaged, and passionate emerging nonprofit leaders
Our work is driven by the values of engagement, community, collaboration, transparency, and leadership
We build our community by connecting our members to …
- Training and resources either provided by our chapter or our organizational partners
- Opportunities for “hands on” learning through chapter leadership and volunteer roles
- Networking and relationship building opportunities with emerging and established professionals
Programming core focus areas:
Our initiatives fall into several core focus areas:
- Job specific skill development
- Education on nonprofit management effective practices
- Current topics, trends and issues in the nonprofit sector, nationally or Cleveland specific
- Job seeking and career management skills
- Experiential learning through chapter leadership
- Peer networking between emerging professionals and access to established professionals
Representing young professionals in the nonprofit workforce
We serve as a unified voice for emerging professionals to ensure our perspectives are shared in spaces that impact the nonprofit sector and Greater Cleveland.
The Cleveland chapter of the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network was established in 2009, the work of a small group of area young professionals dedicated to supporting and improving Cleveland’s nonprofit community. A successful launch event was organized that brought together young professionals from every corner of the nonprofit sector. Take a look at YNPN Cleveland’s first year: YNPN Cleveland Year One.
Over the course of the next decade, YNPN Cleveland has continued to grow and attract the interest of the Cleveland nonprofit community at large, partnering with dozens of local nonprofit organizations to provide events and community gatherings specifically for young professionals working in not-for-profit industries. Today, the chapter offers monthly events that include professional development opportunities, networking and social events, and an open meeting series that highlights different nonprofit organizations around the city.
In 2019, YNPN Cleveland celebrated its 10th Anniversary by establishing the Young Nonprofit Professional of the Year Award. 14 passionate, hard-working men and women were nominated by their peers for this annual award in its first year. As it enters its second decade, YNPN Cleveland looks forward to continuing to provide valuable and engaging opportunities for young nonprofit professionals in the city of Cleveland.